We're seeking your suggestions and input regarding The Trailblazer Award nominees. The Awards were created to honor and recognize overlooked and undervalued individuals who've made great contributions to their communities for many years, and have reaffirmed through their perseverance and dedication Everything Underground's mission of uplift and empowerment.
1.Broadcasting and Excellence in Media Award-We originally created the Trailblazing Broadcasting Award to honor excellence principally in radio and television broadcasting. But we've now expanded it to include online media. This should be someone whose example and contributions have paved the way for others. Nominees can be anchors, disc jockeys, producers, writers, directors, even technical people. Their impact should extend not just locally or regionally, but nationally and/or globally,
2. Excellence in Gospel Award-This is designed to highlight groundbreaking and visionary achievements by songwriters, publishers, performers, labels, writers or producers in the various fields of spiritual and inspirational music. The nominations can also include arrangers, composers and orchestrators, as well as choral directors.
3. Impact Award-This award honors the broad scope of a career, and can spotlight either individuals, businesses or teams. But the key is to recognize those who've made extensive and comprehensive impact within the culture, and helped discover and foster greatness in others.
4. Pioneering and Excellence in Art Award - A specialty award that highlights the specific fields of art and illustration. We're focusing on those who have made major achievements as art directors, graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, artists, directors, or producers. It also recognizes film creators and/or institutions whose works have been particularly inspirational and motivational.
5. Strategic Investment Award - This award recognizes an individual or family whose track record of exceptional generosity and direct financial support has resulted in significant fiscal benefit to the community. They will have consistently demonstrated outstanding civic and charitable responsibility, and a willingness to give without hesitation that has encouraged others to take philanthropic leadership roles on a community, national and/or international level.
6 Entrepreneurship Award - We honor entrepreneurs and companies whose visionary ideas have proven extremely influential, and also have created and/or marketed innovative products or services. These award winners have used their strong leadership skills to inspire others.
7. Fashion Award - These are trend setters, individuals and/or companies who are always ahead of the curve in terms of creativity and craftsmanship. They consistently demonstrate boldness and futuristic thinking through their creations, providing the fashion world with stylistic elegance and excellence.
8. Community Activism Award- This honor recognizes and celebrates people the late John Lewis would say always got in "good trouble." They are change agents, folks whose work paved the way to greater social and economic justice for underserved communities. This is someone with a deep passion and desire to combat injustice, and has dedicated their life to improving the conditions of others through collaborative action.
9. Child Prodigy Awards - We seek to recognize and honor excellence in children. We are spotlighting youngsters under the age of ten who produce meaningful output in any area in such a fashion that its quality is identical to that of an adult.
10. Hip-Hop Excellence and Impact Award - This celebrates a special person in the field of Hip-Hop who has made an exceptional contribution to the genre. The honoree will be someone who's demonstrated extraordinary leadership and exemplary achievement while also expanding opportunities for others.
11. The Rehabilitation and Transformation Award - Here's a person who's overcome incarceration, and not only successfully returned to society, but made a positive contribution to it. It's someone whose example exemplifies commitment, fortitude and Trailblazing. The recipient can be any age.
12. Icon Award - Our career lifetime achievement award, celebrating vital contributions made across multiple industries. This is Everything Underground's most prestigious individual Trailblazer honor. The winner will have been a prominent Trailblazer over multiple decades.
13. Corporate Responsibility Award- The night's biggest organizational award. It is designed to honor a corporation that does much more than merely make money off the Black community, devoting an equal amount of time and commitment to providing opportunities and services for neighborhood residents.
14. People's Choice Award -This is a new and special Trailblazer Award. It's a category designed to honor ambassadors, activists, and pioneers who do vital and valuable work in helping preserve and publicize cultural exploits and achievements. We want to spotlight folks whose efforts on behalf of others previously have not been properly recognized or acknowledged. They are folks you in the community decide others should know and honor.